Virtual Appointments: We are offering remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please call our office at 602-903-2371 to set up your appointment.
POR EL MOMENTO: La oficina de Robert Coughlon no está tomando casos de deportación, asilo, y casos de personas detenidas. Sí estamos tomando casos de ajuste de estatus y ciudadanía.

Protecting the rights of all in Arizona

  1. Home
  2.  • 
  3. Immigration
  4.  • Green Card Through Marriage

Securing Your Green Card Through Marriage

The United States is a great country of opportunity and freedom. For many, that means the freedom to spend their lives with the person they love. At the Phoenix firm of Coughlon Law Firm, PLLC., we can help make that dream a reality. We represent immigrants from countries across the world seeking green cards through their marriage to U.S. citizens.

Identifying The Approach That Best Addresses Your Circumstances

If you are a foreign national and you are married to a United States citizen, we can help you get your green card in the United States. If you are in the United States and you entered the United States legally, this process is known as Adjustment of Status.

If you are in the United States and you entered the United States without inspection, you may still be eligible to immigrate through your spouse. Depending on your particular circumstances, you might be eligible for Adjustment of Status or you might be eligible to apply for the “Stateside Waiter” (I-601A), and then consular processing. Each situation is unique, and it’s important to speak with an experienced immigration attorney to find the right immigration solution for you.

United States immigration laws are complex, and the process can seem daunting to those who have not gone through it before. We can help simplify matters for you. We can advise you on whether you are eligible for adjustment of status in the United States and make the process as stress-free as possible.

Immigration Through Marriage For Same-Sex Couples

The Department of Homeland Security recognizes same-sex marriages, as long as the marriage is valid where the ceremony took place. For example, many couples marry in states such as California, and then they can file their immigration applications in the state where they reside, such as Arizona.

The immigration laws apply equally to same-sex couples, the same as they do to heterosexual couples. We have experience working with same-sex couples on immigration matters and enjoy helping them solve their immigration situations so they can live in the United States as a family. We pride ourselves with the personal service we deliver and the friendly atmosphere of our office.

Contact Us

Each situation is different. It is critical to talk with a lawyer about your situation before you make major decisions that could affect your immigration status and your marriage.

Complete our online form or call 602-903-2371, to schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced attorney. Our fees are reasonable, and payment plans are available.